*For 13 months period deposits that exceed 50 000 EUR, are applied standard interest rates – 0.1 % for deposits in euros and 0.6 % for deposits in dollars. For more information read here
Term deposits is an opportunity to allocate the money intended for saving, receive the interest by the appointed way: at maturity or periodically, and to protect your savings from depreciation.
- It is a safe and practical method of saving and accumulating funds for your goals.
Interest rate does not vary during the whole term of the deposit agreement and, subject to the type of deposit chosen, is payable:
- At maturity the deposit (in case of term deposit) or
- o Periodically each month, quarter or six months (in case of term deposit with periodic interest payment).
- Deposit currencies: EUR, USD, GBP, NOK, DKK, SEK, PLN.
- Minimum deposit amount: 100 EUR, 100 USD, 100 GBP, 100 NOK, 100 SEK, 100 DKK, 100 PLN.
- The term of agreement is from 7 days to 5 years.
Agreements can be concluded at the bank branches, via the internet banking and telephone banking in the following currencies:
- At the bank branches deposit agreements can be made in euros, US dollars, British pounds sterling, Norwegian kroner, Danish kroner, Swedish kronor and Polish zlotys.
- By using the internet banking deposit agreements can be made in euros, US dollars, British pounds sterling and only for the term of up to 36 months.
- By phone calling Nordea’s Information Centre numbers 1554 or +370 5 236 1361 will be asked to provide their customer’s number and a code from their password card or code generator.
- You can choose to extend the term deposit for a chosen period automatically.
- In case of withdrawal of deposit before maturity the whole sum of deposit is returned to the customer; however, the interest is not payable.
Term deposit with periodic interest payment is a saving method when agreed interest is paid monthly, quarterly, or half-yearly without waiting for maturity of the deposit.
- The term of agreement is from 3 months to 5 years.
- Agreements can be made at the bank branches and via the internet banking in euros and US dollars.
- Deposit agreements are not extended automatically, a new deposit agreement can be made at any bank branch.
- In case of withdrawal of deposit with periodic interest payment before the agreed period, the interest that had been already disbursed is deducted from the deposit amount to be returned. This condition is applied to deposits made from 12 September 2011.